2 in 1 Devices Buying Guide
Things to Consider When Purchasing 2 in 1 Laptops & Tablets
Most 2 in 1 laptops and tablets are designed to meet specific work requirements and usage. The way you use a 2 in 1 is generally the most important factor to consider when planning a purchase. The following questions will help you plan:
- Will you be using the 2 in 1 for home, office, or travel?
- Do you need flexibility for a varied and ever changing lifestyle?
- How important is connectivity to other devices or networks?
- Do you intend to use the 2 in 1 for long periods away from a power source?
- Are you going to be operating the device mostly in hand or on flat surfaces?
- Can most of your activities be satisfied with touch screen functionality?
- Will you be running complex software, such as graphics or gaming applications?
Differences between designs
Attached keyboard design for 2 in 1 tablets offers the utility of a touch screen and keyboard, but also allows for tablet mode without losing functionality.
- Retains use of USB, SD Card, and HDMI ports in tablet mode
- Greater stability for touch screen use when folded into tent shape
- Keeps all components together for busy lifestyles
Keyboard docks with detachable touch screens offers light-weight portability with full Windows 10 functionality.
- Remote use of touch screen tablet allows tactile handling
- Independent batteries for tablet and keyboard increase overall charge life
- Tablets retains full Windows 10 functionality when separated from keyboard
What is the best 2 in 1 for you?
Most 2 in 1 hybrids are designed to run Windows 10 in both notebook and tablet mode, while providing the necessary performance for tasks such as emailing, social media, web browsing, music, movies, education, gaming, and more.
Professionals and students who intend to use their 2 in 1 hybrid to run complex software will need to consider powerful processor and large random access memory (RAM) for running sophisticated applications.
Office & Admin
In domestic and business use, most 2 in 1s are sufficient for the task. You may need more processing power for some accounting software, but generally the most important question is how you will use the device around the office.
Corporate High Flyer
Corporate professionals need to consider factors such as connectivity (to networks and other devices), ease of use in presentations and meetings, and practicality of design when travelling. Battery duration may also be important.
Recreation & Entertainment
Connectivity is a significant factor for connecting your 2 in 1 laptop or tablet to audio and visual accessories, including wireless, HDMI and USB. You may also need to consider the appropriate graphics processor to enjoy the full experience
Various Additional Features
2 in 1 hybrids often include various other features from tablets, notebooks, and laptop designs, such as:
- Full HD display that deliver brilliantly vivid images and ultra-wide viewing angles
- Built-in webcams that allow video conferencing or calling
- Stylus pens for precise control in drawing or writing notes
- Devices weigh between approximately 0.6 kg – 1.5 kg (varies between ultrabook and detachable designs)
*Please check with our customer services or sales staff for additional information, or refer to specifications tab on product pages.