Buying Guide: Connected Health & Fitness
Whether you're just starting out a new fitness regime or you're a seasoned athlete, Harvey Norman's range of Connected Health & Fitness products can help you get the most out of your workouts.
Connected Health – Let's Get Physical
At some stage in our lives, many of us make the lifestyle decision to get fit and healthy. There are lots of important reasons — both physically and mentally — why we should be focused on our health and wellbeing:
- Lose weight, reduce body fat and decrease risk of obesity-related health issues.
- Boost cardiovascular stamina.
- Build muscle and strengthen bones.
- Increase immune system and reduce risk of illness.
- Improve mood, self-esteem and mental health (reduce stress and anxiety).
- Enhance brain function and overall energy.
- Better sleeping patterns.
Connected Health & Fitness merges high-performance exercise and health equipment with the latest monitoring technology. Work up a sweat on a treadmill, spin bike or elliptical (cross trainer), staying motivated through your training program with the latest apps. And add the fun factor by "plugging in" to access multimedia and Internet while you workout.
Whatever your motivation to get into shape, there's a Connected Health & Fitness product solution to help everyone along their health and fitness journey:
- Gauge improvements in your fitness with heart rate monitors, pedometers and activity trackers.
- Get constant performance feedback with cycling sensors.
- Improve your golf game with dedicated handheld devices and watches for golfers.
- Sports watches monitor your performance around the track, displaying lap and interval training times and splits.
- If you play a number of different sports, a GPS watch will help track your speed, distance, pace, time and heart rate (if fitted with a heart rate monitor and compatible heart rate strap).
- Measure your body weight, fat percentage, fluid retention and muscle mass with modern body composition scales offering a range of advanced features over bathroom scales that simply monitor body weight.
- Keep an eye on your vital stats with blood pressure monitors and thermometers.
- Sleep monitoring devices help to assess your sleep quality and provide useful information on sleeping patterns.
Fitness Equipment – Work up a Sweat
Get physical in your own home with the latest in high performance fitness equipment. If you're looking to get fit, the following fitness equipment would be a great addition to any home gym:
- Spin bikes
- Elliptical machines (aka cross-trainers)
- Rowing machines
The Connected Health & Fitness collection of exercise equipment ranges from entry-level through to high-end machines combining the latest in technology and style to bring a level of interactivity and entertainment to your workouts. There's a wide range of fitness monitoring functions and work-out intensities to suit your personal fitness level.
For instance, the i.Pixel Program Bike — which is part of the new i.Concept by BH Fitness range — lets you plug in your iPod Touch, iPhone or iPad to download fitness apps and enhance your training programs by fusing entertainment and health. Tap into a universe of multimedia and internet while you train: watch films and TV shows; listen to your iTunes library; read e-books; play games online etc. Maximise the full potential of your Apple device and your BH Fitness machine – enjoy your workouts more than ever with i.Concept from BH Fitness.
Connected Fitness – Achieve Your Goals
Be in tune with yourself and get more out of your fitness routine with a range of personal monitoring devices such as: heart rate monitors; pedometers; activity and sleep trackers; GPS watches and sports watches. Make improvements to your personal fitness plan by knowing how you're progressing each training session. Track important data like calories burned during physical activity, intensity of exercise and quality of sleep. A number of products include the ability to log your eating habits with great online tools and apps to encourage and motivate you to achieve your goals.
Sport-specific sensors — like for cycling — will help change the way you perform by providing feedback on your speed, distance, elevation and more. For golfers, handheld GPS devices, watches and golf sensors will help improve your swing and boost your confidence.
Personal Monitoring - Keep Your Eyes on the Prize
Track your daily activities, eating habits and sleep patterns with our range of personal monitoring devices to keep you on the path to achieving your ultimate health, wellbeing and fitness goals:
- GPS watches with (or without) a heart rate monitor: Track your speed, distance, pace, time and heart rate if you use a compatible heart rate strap.
- Sports watches: Monitor your performance around the track, displaying lap and interval training times, plus split times.
- Handheld GPS: No matter how big or small your adventures — travelling, hiking, trekking or just a gentle stroll — track, mark and log locations of interest along your route with a convenient, handheld GPS.
- Heart rate monitors: To achieve your exercise goals more efficiently and effectively, train with a heart rate monitor to track your exercise intensity and exertion levels.
- Pedometers and activity trackers: Track information like steps taken, stairs climbed, distance covered and calories burned while you walk, jog or go about your daily routine.
- Sleep tracker/monitors: Trace your sleeping patterns and provide useful information about your sleeping patterns so you can make changes to your routine to ensure you have a good night's sleep and wake refreshed for the day ahead.
Weight Management – Be Motivated To Stay On Track
Do you want to just measure your body weight or would you like to know more about your body, such as body fat percentage, body mass index (BMI), muscle mass , bone mass and body water percentage? There is an extensive range of bathroom scales and body composition scales which can help you stay on track and motivated to achieve your weight loss goals.