Pork Cutlets with Apples and Onions
Mouthwatering Pork cutlets with delicious aplles and onions.
6 Granny Smith apples
1 Vidalia onion
2 teaspoons coarse grain mustard
1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
1 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon butter
4 thin-cut boneless pork chops
1/2 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon olive oil
- Attach Spiralizer Attachment to KitchenAid Stand Mixer. Center one apple on fruit and vegetable skewer; attach to Spiralizer. Attach peeling blade and large core slicing blade and position at end of apple. Position medium bowl under blades to catch sliced apple and peel. Turn stand mixer to speed 6 and process until blade reaches end of apple. Repeat with remaining apple. Stand apples on end and cut in half.
- Remove peeling blade and attach fine spiralizing blade to Spiralizer. Center onion on fruit and vegetable skewer; attach to Spiralizer. Place medium bowl below blade to catch spiralized onion. Turn stand mixer to speed 4 and process until blade reaches end of onion.
- Melt butter in large frypan over medium heat. Add apples and onion; sauté 6 – 8 minutes or until tender. Remove from frypan and keep warm.
- Combine mustard, thyme and vinegar in small bowl. Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in same frypan. Add pork chops; cook 1– 2 minutes per side. Add mustard mixture, stirring to scrape up browned bits. Return apples and onions along with any accumulated juices to frypan; simmer 2 – 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Place 1 pork chop each onto 4 plates and top with apple and onion mixture. Serve immediately.