Create a scrumptious walnut and coffee praline courtesy of this recipe from goodfood.com.au and Karen Martini: “Praline is a great way to dress up dessert; even a simple scoop of vanilla ice-cream with a good sprinkling of crunchy praline is not so simple any more”.
Walnut and Coffee Praline
300g caster sugar
2 tbsp coffee beans
1. Preheat the oven to 180C fan-forced or 200C conventional.
2. Spread the walnuts on a baking tray and roast for five minutes, then wrap in a tea towel and rub off the skins and roughly chop.
3. Add the sugar to a small pot and cook to a medium-coloured caramel, shaking the pan regularly to cook evenly.
4. Meanwhile, warm the walnuts and coffee beans on a baking tray for one minute and add to the caramel, stirring to evenly coat the nuts. Tip the hot caramel out on to baking paper and allow to cool.
5. Break up the praline and crush in a mortar and pestle.
6. Store any leftover praline in an airtight container.