Create a kids bedroom where your children can play and rest to their hearts’ content. Decorate with quality bedroom furniture in a variety of styles and finishes – choose beds, bunk beds, loft beds and bedroom suites from Harvey Norman. Whether they dream of growing up to be a ballerina, cowboy, princess or sports star, here are some great tips to consider when creating a cool sleeping quarters toddlers, kids and tweens will love.
- > Create a bedroom space that will give your children — and their imagination — room to grow during every stage of childhood.
- > Place a comfy rug on the floor, especially hard surfaces like timber boards, to protect little feet, knees and hands at play.
- > Choose quality, sturdy bedroom furniture — timber is a good pick — designed for comfort, longevity and durability. Can it withstand knocks, especially from energetic young boys?
- > Storage areas — tallboys, built-ins, under beds, beneath staircases etc — are great for hiding away loads of stuff, like toys, books and clothes, and keeping rooms tidy.
- > Go for a simple white bed frame and add personality to the room by decorating with colourful bed linen.
- > Use decorating ideas to re-create their favourite bedtime stories and fairytales, which is particularly great for toddlers aged two to four years of age.
- > Give classic bedroom furniture a fun look with the use of accessories – the right decor can make your theme come to life.
- > Stencils, artwork and decals on the walls create a wonderful, whimsical retreat, especially for little girls.
- > A blackboard wall can provide hours of interactive fun and entertainment.