Impress your guests this summer with this easy-to prepare, Greek-inspired salad of spiralised beetroot, carrot and zucchini ‘noodles’, cucumber, red onion, ricotta and basil. This Mediterranean-Style Salad with Raw Vegetable Noodles recipe is sure to become a staple with its flavour-packed seasonal vegetables and winning crunchy texture offering a fresh twist on summer salads.
Prep and Cooking Time 55 minutes
Mediterranean-Style Salad with Raw Vegetable Noodles Ingredients
• 6 cloves garlic
• 2 large carrots
• 1 large zucchini
• 2 medium beetroot
• 6 baby cucumber (qukes), cut into ribbons
• 1 red onion, finely sliced
• 200g soft fresh ricotta
• 2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
• 1 tbs lemon juice
• ⅔ cup Sicilian green olives
• Baby Greek basil leaves, to garnish
• ⅓ cup avocado oil
• 1 clove garlic, crushed
• ¼ cup sherry vinegar
• 1 tbs Dijon mustard
1) Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan. Wrap garlic in foil. Roast for 40 minutes or until tender.
3) Arrange the vegetable spirals, cucumber ribbons and onion on a serving platter.
4) Whisk the ricotta, zest and juice in a bowl. Squeeze roast garlic cloves into ricotta mixture and stir to combine.
5) Season to taste.
6) To make the dressing, whisk oil, crushed garlic, vinegar and mustard in a bowl.
7) Dollop ricotta mixture over vegetables on the platter. Drizzle with dressing.
8) Top with olives. Garnish with basil, and season with freshly ground black pepper to serve.
Use a vegetable peeler to cut cucumbers into ribbons.
More Recipes to Celebrate Summer!
Looking for more recipes to celebrate summer with? Check out these creations from our ‘Celebrate Summer’ series: