Prep 30 minutes (plus cooling and refrigeration)
Cook 1 hour 20 minutes
250g packet plain sweet biscuits
150g butter, melted
1/2 cup pecans
750g cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup caster sugar
2 tablespoons golden syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
450g jar dulce de leche
Whipped cream, to serve
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup pure cream
100g butter, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 170°C/150°C fan-forced. Grease a 6cm-deep, 22cm (base) round springform pan.
2. Process biscuits and half the pecans until fine crumbs. Add butter. Process until combined. Press mixture over base and side of prepared pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat cheese, sugar, golden syrup, vanilla and mixed spice until smooth. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating to combine. Add dulce de leche. Beat until combined. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Place on a baking tray with sides. Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes or until just firm (filling will still wobble slightly in the centre). Turn oven off. Cool cheesecake in oven for 2 hours, with door slightly ajar. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or until cold.
4. Make Caramel Sauce. Cook sugar, cream and butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until melted and smooth. Simmer for a further 5 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Cool 15 minutes.
5. Remove cheesecake from pan. Roughly chop remaining pecans. Dollop cheesecake with whipped cream. Drizzle with some of the caramel sauce. Sprinkle with pecans. Serve with remaining caramel sauce.
Tools of the Trade
Love baking? You’re going to adore the Westinghouse 900mm Dual-Fuel Freestanding Cooker from Harvey Norman.