What’s the secret to a winning rib-eye steak recipe? Chimichurri! To see what we mean, you’ve simply got to try out this delicious BBQ recipe idea.
Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Spiced Rub Rib-eye Ingredients
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 tsp smoked paprika
• 1 tsp ground cumin
• 1 tsp ground coriander
• 2 tbs olive oil
• 2 x 1.1kg beef rib-eye steaks
• 2 cups (50g) firmly packed parsley leaves
• 2 cups (50g) firmly packed coriander leaves
• 1 cup (20g) firmly packed oregano leaves
• ½ long red chilli, coarsely chopped
• 150ml extra virgin olive oil
• 3 cloves garlic, crushed
• Finely grated zest and juice of ½ orange
• 50ml red wine vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (fan-forced). Line an oven tray with baking paper. Preheat a chargrill plate or barbecue to medium-high. Combine garlic, spices and olive oil in large bowl, season with salt and pepper and stir to combine. Add the steaks and toss to coat.
2. Grill steaks for 2-3 minutes each side until browned. Transfer steaks to prepared tray and roast for 12-14 minutes for medium-rare (58°C on a meat thermometer) or until cooked to your liking. Loosely cover with foil and rest in a warm place for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, for chimichurri, blitz herbs, chilli, olive oil, garlic, orange zest and juice in a Kitchen Aid 9-Cup Food Processor until smooth. Stir in vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
4. Thickly slice steak and serve drizzled with chimichurri.
Quick Smart Entertaining Recipes
Playing host this summer? Check out more easy recipe ideas from our Quick Smart Entertaining Recipes series: