Get Smart About Storage & Say 'Hello' to a Portable SSD!
Whether you're a keen photographer, avid gamer or always working on–the–go, you can access your data anytime, anywhere — with a portable SSD drive.
What is a Portable SSD?
Given the volume of videos, music, happy snaps (and more) that we all store, running out of storage can seem inevitable these days! Luckily, this is where portable solid state drives (or portable SSDs) come into the picture. Offering an easy and wonderfully convenient way to increase the storage of any device, portable SSDs are a reliable, pocket–sized choice for storing, backing up or transferring files — you can even run programs off them!
Are Portable SSDs Worth It?
Whether you have a laptop, Apple computer or a Microsoft Surface, choosing the right storage for your computer is key. So… is a portable SSD worth it? When it comes to safely transporting, storing and backing up and files, these versatile devices are a must–have! If you still need some convincing, here are some more benefits:
- High Performing. Take your computer speed to new levels with faster boot, reading and writing times.
- Reliable. Powered by non–volatile flash memory, SSDs can last two to three times longer than hard drives.
- Practical. Less power = better battery life, so you can get more out of your computer than ever before.
- Portable. Small enough to fit in your pocket, you can take yours everywhere you go.
- Quiet and Cool. No moving parts means you can forget about annoying whirring sounds and overheating.
Which is the Best Portable SSD?
Looking for an SSD external hard drive that ticks all of the boxes? We're here to help! Here are two of our top picks:
- Samsung T5 1TB Portable SSD. With a sleek, slim metal body that's smaller than a business card, this password–protected, portable SSD has ultra–fast transfer speeds, USB Type–C seamless connection and backwards compatibility, making it one of the best options on the market.
- SanDisk Extreme 500GB Portable SSD. Ruggedly built yet lightweight, this drive has seriously impressive read speeds of up to 550MB per second. Plus, you can fasten it to your belt or backpack with its carabineer loop. Ready for action?
Are you a loyal Apple fan? Browse our range of Mac.
What Kind of Storage Should I Get for My Computer?
Now that you know everything there is to know about portable SSDs, we've outlined some other storage options to consider below.
- Flash drives. Compact and portable, a flash drive is a good choice if you don't need heaps of storage.
- Portable hard drives. If you need more than 2TB of storage, you'll get the most bang for your buck with a HDD.
- Network storage. Delivering dedicated, shared file storage for your home or office network, NAS systems allow users to easily access files from anywhere.
Be inspired to shop a great range of on–the–go storage solutions online or in–store at Harvey Norman!
Sleek and stylish, the Samsung T5 250GB Portable SSD - Blue has an aluminium exterior and a lightweight, compact design, so you can bring...
Sleek and stylish, the Samsung T5 250GB Portable SSD - Blue has an aluminium exterior and a lightweight, compact design, so you can bring your media library with you on the go.Free store pick up or Australia wide delivery
Terms, conditions and exclusions apply. See individual product pages for details.